A man and woman will appear in court following the discovery of charred remains in Wandsworth.Read more
Metropolitan Police Service
Three of the five arrests made in connection with Friday's Tube terror attack are made in Newport.
The mayor of London has said current police funding is making it "harder" for the Met Police to tackle terrorism.
Sadiq Khan said London is "safest global city in the world" but London "could do with more" Met Police officers to help tackle terrorism.
However he had "no criticism at all" of the resources available to police during the four terror attacks on London this year, he said.
Speaking in front of the London Assembly's Police and Crime Committee, he said "the response has been fantastic".
Met Assistant Commissioner Martin Hewitt, who was appearing alongside the mayor, said the force had always been able to deal “effectively” with incidents.
Police continue to search a property after two more arrests linked to the London Tube attack.
A 25-year-old man is arrested in Newport in connection with Friday's attack in London.
The BBC has seen correspondence between police leaders expressing "concern" about high call volumes.
A Police Federation spokesman says resources are at a critical level and public safety has been compromised.
The Home Office says it expects crimes reported to police to be investigated thoroughly.
Across the UK, the number of abandoned 999 calls more than doubled in the 12 months from June 2016
Police forces that dealt with the terror attacks earlier this year saw a large rise in the number of abandoned calls they experienced.
The Met had 5,134 more 999 calls abandoned.