Two British soldiers killed in Afghanistan blast
Two UK soldiers have been killed when a bomb hit their vehicle in Afghanistan, the Ministry of Defence has announced.
The pair, from the 1st The Queen's Dragoon Guards, were providing security in Nahr-e Saraj, Helmand province at the time of the explosion.
The soldiers had been serving with the Formation Reconnaissance Squadron, and their families have been informed.
Meanwhile, a soldier killed by a bomb in Nahr-e Saraj on Wednesday has been named as L/Cpl Peter Eustace.
Task Force Helmand spokesman Lt Col Gordon Mackenzie said of the latest deaths: "Our deepest condolences go out to the families and loved ones of both these brave soldiers at this very difficult time."
The deaths bring the total number of British military personnel killed in operations in Afghanistan since 2001 to 388.
'Loved by all'
Meanwhile, tributes have been paid to L/Cpl Eustace who died when he was hit by a bomb on Wednesday.
The 25-year-old from Liverpool, a member of 2nd Battalion The Rifles, was serving with Delhi Company of the 1st Yorkshire Regiment, attached to the Combined Force in Nahr-e Saraj in Helmand province.
His family said he was "loved by all" and would be missed.
In a statement his mother Carol, sister Kirsty and brother Ryan said: "Peter was very fit and he always wanted to join the Army. He was committed to carrying out a full career there."
L/Cpl Eustace - known as "Eust" to his friends - worked briefly as a painter and decorator before joining the Army seven years ago. He served tours in Basra, in southern Iraq, and in the Sangin district of northern Helmand.
His commanding officer in 2 Rifles, Lt Col Bill Wright, said L/Cpl Eustace was "blessed with a huge character that matched his size".