- The BBC's own inquiry into Newsnight's shelving of a report into sexual abuse by Jimmy Savile has criticised BBC management but found no evidence of a cover-up
- Former BBC director general George Entwistle had been warned about the Savile tributes and the need to take the "dark side" of Savile into account
- A separate report is critical of a Newsnight report which led to Lord McAlpine being wrongly implicated in child abuse allegations
- The BBC's Director of News Helen Boaden returns to her job, but her deputy has resigned and is to retire. Radio 5 Live's controller has moved on
- The Culture Secretary Maria Miller says the report "raises serious questions around editorial and management issues at the BBC"
- The editor and deputy-editor of Newsnight are to be replaced
- Holly Wallis
- Julian Joyce
- Sarah Bell
Last updated 19 December 2012Share
Updates for this Live Event are currently disabled.