Asda recalls Spider-Man costume after suit battery fault found
A children's Spider-Man costume has been recalled by Asda after a battery fault in the light-up suit was found.
It follows a complaint earlier this month from Steve Slaughter, of Middlesbrough, who said the detachable chest piece - containing a battery pack - appeared to blow up.
He bought the £12.50 suit for his son Stephen to wear on World Book Day.
Asda said the wrong battery had been included in the suit, "resulting in a potential safety issue".
Mr Slaughter said the detachable chest piece had flown across the living room after it was left lying on top of a storage unit.
A spokeswoman for Asda said: "Asda George has issued a recall of its Spider-man light-up dress-up costume.
"The wrong batteries have been included inside the costume's removable light-up unit resulting in a potential safety issue.
"The care and safety of our customers is our number one priority, which is why we have taken the precautionary decision to recall the product based on the outcome of our investigation."
Customers who have already purchased the costume have been advised to return it and claim a full refund.