Rio Ferdinand stalker Susanne Ibru granted an appeal
A woman who stalked Manchester United footballer Rio Ferdinand and his family has been granted an appeal.
Susanne Ibru, 38, was jailed for 10 weeks and given a 10-year restraining order after she was convicted of harassment in April.
The defender told her trial that Ibru repeatedly turned up at his Cheshire home and demanded to speak to him.
She was granted an appeal at Warrington Crown Court and it will take place at the same court on 11 October.
Ibru was living in Peckham, south London, when she made a number of 400-mile round trips to the defender's home in Alderley Edge in 2010.
During her trial she claimed she had been to his home about four or five times over the past four years and that they knew each other.
However Mr Ferdinand, 32, told the court how Ibru left him angry and fearing for his family's safety.
Her restraining order bans her from entering the village of Alderley Edge, approaching Mr Ferdinand or his wife, or attending any match or event at which the footballer is present.
Representing herself in court on Friday, Ibru, of no fixed address, told Judge David Hale: "I want to appeal against everything, the conviction, the sentence, the restraining order."
She told the court the footballer's statement had been "changed" by police before the trial and that she did not believe he wanted the case to be brought against her.