Xhem Krasniqi shooting: Appeal week after Hove attack
- 26 May 2013
- From the section England
Police investigating the fatal shooting of a man in Hove have returned to the scene a week after the attack.
Sussex Police were in Selborne Road on Saturday to show people photographs of two men they wish to trace.
Xhem Krasniqi, 31, a scaffolder from Kent, was with his brother and nephew when they were shot at on 18 May.
He suffered a single bullet wound and died later in hospital. Police believe the incident followed a dispute between two Albanian families.
The force is treating the incident as one of murder and two attempted murders.
Officers want to trace two brothers, 30-year-old Edmund Nela - who police believe was the gunman - and his brother Albert, 34, who live locally but have not been seen since the shooting.
Det Ch Insp Jeff Riley said: "From the activity we have done so far we suspect that that Edmund and Albert may have left the area.
"However, I want to warn the public not to approach either man."
He also appealed directly to the Albanian community, Supt Simon Nelson said: "We respect that the Albanian community is proud and close, and look to each other for support in difficult times.
"Our neighbourhood officers are out in the community and there for you to trust and discuss anything you might know, so that the offenders face justice."