South East Water bursts leave thousands without water
About 3,000 homes in East Sussex have had their water supplies affected after three bursts on a water main.
The bursts were all on the main supplying a service reservoir in Kent.
South East Water said two of the bursts had been repaired and engineers were still working on the third.
Water has been delivered to vulnerable people and customers with medical or special needs and bottled water is available at sites across the area.
About 3,000 properties may have no water or low water pressure, South East Water said.
Properties in the Ticehurst, Hurst Green, Robertsbridge and Mountfield areas are affected.
Head of distribution Simon Robertson said: "While our team on the ground are working hard to fix the problem we would like to apologise to our customers who are affected."
The company said the bursts were all on a pipeline taking water from a water treatment works at Crowhurst Bridge to a service reservoir in Flimwell.
The first burst at about 16:00 BST on Tuesday was followed by a second at 02:00 BST on Wednesday and then a third at about 15:30 BST.
The company said it was too early to say why the three bursts occurred.
It said its priority was to repair the main and restore supplies, but an investigation would take place.