Princess Diana: Met to give statement on new material
The results of a "scoping exercise" to examine purported new evidence on the death of Diana, Princess of Wales will be revealed by the Metropolitan Police on Tuesday.
The Met had said it received material on 16 August relating to the deaths of the princess and Dodi Al Fayed in 1997.
The "relevance and credibility" of that have now been assessed, the Met said.
According to Sky News, police found no "credible" evidence of SAS involvement, but the Met refused to comment.
In a letter quoted by Sky News, Assistant Commissioner Mark Rowley reportedly wrote: "Whilst there is a possibility that the alleged comments in relation to the SAS's involvement in the death may have been made, there is no credible or relevant evidence to support a theory that such claims had any basis in fact."
In August, several British newspapers reported that allegations of military involvement in the deaths had been passed to police by an Army source.
Scotland Yard said no further information would be given before the official statement on Tuesday.