Harry Martin: Missing teen search scaled down after third day
The search for a Devon teenager who has not been seen since going out to take photographs of stormy seas has been scaled down after a third day.
Harry Martin, from Membland, Newton Ferrers, left his home on Thursday.
Police, the Dartmoor Rescue Group, coastguards and members of the public have taken part so far. Searching would resume on Monday, police said.
Prayers were said for the missing 18-year-old in local church services on Sunday morning.
Mr Martin, a photography student, was last seen by his father leaving his home and walking towards a coastal path on Thursday lunchtime.
He was reported missing on Friday, sparking extensive searches on Friday and throughout the weekend.
Sunday's search was scaled down at dusk, police said.
Police said his disappearance was "out of character".
Ch Insp Shaun Kenneally, of Devon and Cornwall Police, said on Sunday: "All the resources we can muster are being used, but it's an extensive coastline and a rugged area that we've got to manage, so it's difficult."
Local volunteers joined professional search and rescue teams.
The Reverend Anne Legge, who led some of the prayers, said: "We feel we do know this family and we want to support them in every way we can, in prayers and any practical help we can give."