Man bailed in Claudia Lawrence probe
A man arrested on suspicion of murdering York chef Claudia Lawrence has been bailed by police.
North Yorkshire Police said the 59-year-old, named locally as Michael Snelling, had been released on conditional bail.
Mr Snelling was detained on Tuesday over the disappearance of Miss Lawrence, who went missing in 2009.
Forensic searches are to continue "for a number of days" at relevant properties to the case, police said.
Police had been carrying out forensic examinations of Mr Snelling's house in Burnholme Grove.
A house believed to be his mother's was also searched in North Shields.
Senior officers said there was "the possibility of further arrests to be made" in the case.
Miss Lawrence, 35, who lived in Heworth, was due to start a 06:00 shift at the university on 19 March but failed to turn up.
Extensive searches of the area were made, but she was not found and police have since treated her disappearance as murder.
Police launched a review of the case last year and have carried out new forensic work and searches of Miss Lawrence's home.
A fresh appeal for information was made on the fifth anniversary of her disappearance in March, which was broadcast on the BBC's Crimewatch programme.
Police revealed several new lines of inquiry generated by the review of the case and a fresh examination of her home.
Fingerprints had been uncovered using techniques not available in 2009, they said.