Arts Council cash boost for South East museums
Nine museums in the South East are to benefit from almost £1m of funding from the Arts Council.
The museums in Kent, Sussex and Surrey will be given £990,000 from the council's museums resilience fund.
The money will go towards making them more sustainable.
Hedley Swain, from the council, said: "We know there is growing pressure on local authority budgets, but we need to work together and continue to invest in this vital local resource."
The money has been awarded to:
- Weald and Downland Open Air Museum - £130,000
- Ditchling Museum of Art and Craft - £32,072
- Watts Gallery - £99,900
- Brooklands Museum - £200,000
- Guildhall Museum - £67,100
- Folkestone Museum - £80,000
- Chatham Historic Dockyard Trust - £263,000
- Bluebell Railway - £84,150
- Hastings Museum and Art Gallery - £33,000
Ms Swain added: "Our investment will support a variety of projects... in their ambitions to make their museums more sustainable, and so visitors can continue to enjoy all there is to offer."