Claudia Lawrence: Man questioned for York chef murder
Police are continuing to question a man on suspicion of murdering missing York chef Claudia Lawrence.
The man, in his 50s, also from York, is being held in police custody after he was arrested on Monday.
Miss Lawrence disappeared from her house in Heworth Road after leaving for work on 19 March 2009. Her body has not been found.
Searches at a property in an area of York were completed on Monday evening, North Yorkshire Police said.
The force urged people and the media not to identify the arrested man. The BBC understands the man has not been arrested before.
The force believes some people locally knew Miss Lawrence but have kept their relationship secret.
Some deliberately lied about a number of issues concerning their association with the chef, police said.
Det Supt Dai Malyn said he was "actively pursuing new leads" and his team has made "significant progress" since the force began reviewing the case in October 2013.
The review has led to two arrests but no-one has ever been charged.
Last month, detectives investigating the York University chef's disappearance re-examined an alleyway behind her home for fresh clues.
Further searches are being conducted and are expected to continue for the next few days.
Claudia's family has been notified about the arrest and are being supported by trained officers, North Yorkshire Police said.
A 59-year-old man was arrested on suspicion of murder last May and was later released from bail.
A 47-year-old man was held on suspicion of perverting the course of justice last July and remains on bail while inquiries continue.
Last week, police released new CCTV footage to coincide with the sixth anniversary of Miss Lawrence's disappearance.