Beds, Herts & Bucks

Man dies in hospital after fire in Luton bedsit

A man in his 70s from Bedfordshire has died after suffering burns during a fire in a bedsit.

Emergency services were called to the fire in Belmont Road, Luton, on Sunday morning.

Firefighters rescued the man and paramedics from the East of England Ambulance Service took him to Luton and Dunstable Hospital.

He was transferred to the specialist burns unit at Broomfield Hospital in Chelmsford, Essex, where he died.

Related Internet links

The BBC is not responsible for the content of external Internet sites