Beds, Herts & Bucks

Women rescued from house fire in Aston Clinton

Two women trapped in a burning house in Buckinghamshire were rescued from the fire, thought to have started in a dishwasher left on overnight.

They were trapped upstairs in the house in Aston Clinton after being awoken by their dogs barking.

They called the fire service and a member of staff at the emergency control room in Aylesbury stayed on the phone to tell them how to keep safe.

Firefighters believe the blaze started in the dishwasher in the kitchen.

"To stay safe they waited in an en-suite bathroom, with a duvet pushed up against the foot of the bedroom door," a fire service spokesman said.

There were no smoke alarms in the house. Firefighters also rescued three dogs and a cat from the house.

Related Internet links

The BBC is not responsible for the content of external Internet sites