Beds, Herts & Bucks

Fire in Harpenden flats leads to evacuation

A number of people were evacuated from their block of flats in Hertfordshire in the early hours after a fire in a fuse box.

The fire was in an intake cupboard at Coleridge Court, off Milton Road, in Harpenden, at 01:25 GMT.

Some residents had to leave their homes and one woman was treated for the effects of breathing in smoke.

Fire and ambulance crews and workers from the electricity and gas boards were all called out.

Related Internet links

The BBC is not responsible for the content of external Internet sites