Hampshire and Winchester museums and art leased to trust
Many of Hampshire's museums and art collections have been shifted from council control to a trust in an attempt to slash costs.
Buildings and collections belonging to Hampshire County Council and Winchester City Council are being transferred to the Hampshire Cultural Trust.
The operation, funding and employment of staff is now the responsibility of the trust.
The plans were agreed by the two councils in September 2013.
The trust said it aimed to increase visitor numbers and make the sites more profitable.
It was previously claimed by the county council that within five years £460,000 a year would be axed from the budget.
Venues now being operated and funded by the trust
- Aldershot Military Museum
- Andover Museum
- Basing House, Basingstoke
- Bursledon Windmill
- City Museum, Winchester
- Curtis Museum, Alton
- Eastleigh Museum
- The Gallery at Gosport Discovery Centre
- Museum on the Mezzanine at Gosport Discovery Centre
- SEARCH at Gosport Discovery Centre
- Milestones, Basingstoke
- Red House Museum, Christchurch
- Rockbourne Roman Villa, near Fordingbridge
- Westbury Manor Museum, Fareham
- Westgate, Winchester
- Willis Museum, Basingstoke
- The Sainsbury Gallery, Basingstoke
- Allen Gallery, Alton
- City Space at Winchester Discovery Centre
- The Gallery at Winchester Discovery Centre
- Ashcroft Arts Centre, Fareham
- Forest Arts Centre, New Milton
- West End Arts Centre, Aldershot