Fatal Wolverhampton shooting was 'possibly accidental'
Officers investigating the death of a boy from Wolverhampton said the shot that killed him may have been fired by accident.
Raheem Hines-Thomas, 17, died on Saturday night from a single gunshot wound to the chest.
A 28-year-old man arrested on suspicion of murder has been released on bail.
Acting Det Ch Insp Darren Crutchley, of West Midlands Police, said: "Early inquiries suggest that the firearm was unintentionally discharged."
Supt Mark Payne added: "The investigation continues to establish the full circumstances surrounding Saturday's incident, however at this stage we believe it is not specifically linked to rival groups in the city.
"There will continue to be an increased police presence in the city as a result of heightened tensions between certain youth groups in Wolverhampton.
"We are addressing the issues behind the tension through engagement with our partners."
Officers said blood had been found outside a property in Orslow Walk, Park Village, on 19 March.
Four people have been arrested in connection with the shooting and all of them have been released without charge.