Royal Wedding: Birmingham and Black Country parties
Events will be taking place across the West Midlands to celebrate the royal wedding.
As well as local street parties, there will be chances to watch history unfold and join in the celebrations at a number of local venues on Friday, 29 April.
From big screens to music and games, the West Midlands will be getting out the flags and bunting to mark the royal marriage.
If you're in Birmingham City Centre on the royal wedding day, you can watch a piece of history unfold as the royal wedding is screened on the Big Screen in Chamberlain Square.
- Birmingham Museum will also be showing the royal wedding on plasma screens and celebrating with games, craft activities, 80s music and light refreshments.
This is a family activity and costs £3.50 for a ticket, available at the Waterhall Reception on the day (the Waterhall is in Edmund St, diagonally opposite to the Gas Hall).
- The Public in West Bromwich will be celebrating the marriage of Prince William and Kate Middleton by hosting its own street party.
A number of family friendly activities will be taking place throughout the day, as well as the screening of the wedding. The event is free to all.
- Wolverhampton Cricket Club is holding a traditional street party themed family fun day, starting at 11am. The wedding will be shown on the Pavilion followed by an afternoon of family fun activities.
- And royal wedding celebrations are also taking place at Darlaston All Active, Willenhall Road from 10am.
The wedding will be shown on two large screens and the cafe will be open all day. Activities include a bouncy castle and face painting, as well as an afternoon disco and a live band in the evening (Rock UK).
- And the Black Country Living Museum will be celebrating the royal wedding with a traditional street party theme.
There'll be a live showing of the wedding on a large screen in Folkes Park (limited numbers due to size of the park) and the canal-side village will host traditional entertainment. This is NOT a free event, so check the website for details.