BBC WM Sport Ticket Competition Terms and Conditions
Terms and Conditions
1. The competition is open to all residents of the UK, including the Channel Islands and the Isle of Man, aged 16 or over, except BBC employees and anyone connected with the competition. Proof of age and eligibility may be requested.
2. The BBC WM SPORT Competition will be run as part of Phil Upton @ Breakfast.
3. Entrants are invited to guess the name of a sportsman/woman from a piece of archive commentary in which the name has been blanked out.
4. Entry to the competition is by calling the BBC WM call-in number: 0845 300 9956. Calls cost 5p/min from a BT landline (minimum connection fee of 11.8p may apply). Calls from mobiles and other networks may cost considerably more.
Callers must have the bill payer's consent before entering. Opening and closing times for calling will be announced on-air during the programme.
5. Following the advertised closing time, all correct entries will be entered into a draw. The winning name drawn will be announced during the same programme.
7. Entry is limited to one per person per programme. Prize winners will not be permitted to enter the competition again for one month.
8. The prize for each competition consists of a pair of tickets to a forthcoming sports event. The BBC reserves the right to substitute a suitable alternative prize if deemed necessary. The prize does not include any costs such as travel and accommodation.
9. The BBC will not be responsible for any failure by the winners and guests to gain entry or re-entry to the event due to the behaviour of the winners and guests or their failure to meet the admission requirements of the event. Ticket holders are responsible for checking admission requirements to the venue. The BBC will not be responsible for the suspension or cancellation of the sports event. The BBC will not provide an alternative or replacement prize.
10. The prize is as stated. There is no cash alternative and it cannot be sold or transferred.
11. The BBC's decision as to the winner is final. No correspondence relating to the competition will be entered into.
12. The winner will be notified within 1 day of the close of the competition on the number given. If the winner is unable to be contacted after reasonable attempts have been made the BBC reserves the right to either offer the prize to a runner up, or to re-offer the prize in any future BBC competition.
13. Entrants must agree to take part in any post-competition publicity if required
14. The BBC reserves the right to (i) vary these terms and conditions (including but not limited to the opening and closing times), (ii) disqualify any entries that breach these rules or are in any way fraudulent and (iii) cancel this competition at any stage, if deemed necessary in its opinion, or if circumstances arise outside its control.
15. The BBC, its sub-contractors, subsidiaries and/or agencies cannot accept any responsibility whatsoever for any technical failure or malfunction or any other problem with any telephone network or line, system, server, provider or otherwise which may result in any entry being lost or not properly registered or recorded.
16. This competition is administered by the BBC and is subject to the law of England and Wales.
17. To the extent application, this competition accords with the BBC's Code of Conduct for Competitions and Voting, details of which can be found at: BBC Competitions Policy.