Six treated after fire in Birmingham maisonette block
Six people have been treated for the effects of breathing in smoke after a fire in a block of maisonettes.
An electric wheelchair caught fire at 20:15 BST on Friday in the stairwell of a two-storey building in Springfield, Stockland Green, Birmingham.
Thick smoke filled the ground floor and three men and three women breathed in fumes as they evacuated the building.
Everyone was accounted for and the fire was extinguished by 21:00 BST.
Investigations are taking place to find out how the fire started.