BBC WM Football Phone-in competition Terms and Conditions
Terms and Conditions
1. The competition is open to all residents of the UK, including the Channel Islands and the Isle of Man, aged 16 or over, except BBC employees and anyone connected with the competition. Proof of age and eligibility may be requested.
2. This competition will be run as part of BBC WM Football Phone-in Show broadcast each weekday between 1800 and 1900 hours (except for public holidays and/or when editorial requirements lead to a change in schedule).
3. A question will be asked on air and listeners will be invited to enter and provide an answer on air. The question may have multiple correct answers.
4. Entry to the competition is by calling the BBC WM call-in number: 0845 300 9956. Calls cost up to 5p/min from most landlines (an additional connection fee may also apply). Calls from mobiles may cost considerably more.
Callers must have the bill payer's consent before entering. Opening and closing times for calling will be announced on-air during the programme.
5. Following the advertised closing time, all first correct entries will be entered into a draw. The winning name drawn will be announced during the following programme.
7. Entry is limited to one per person per competition round. Prize winners will not be permitted to enter the competition again for one month.
8. The prize for each competition consists of a pair of tickets to a forthcoming football match. The BBC reserves the right to substitute a suitable alternative prize if deemed necessary. The prize does not include any costs such as travel and accommodation.
9. The BBC will not be responsible for any failure by the winners and guests to gain entry or re-entry to the match due to the behaviour of the winners and guests or their failure to meet the admission requirements of the event. The winners and guests must not be subject to any order banning them from attending a football match. Ticket holders are responsible for checking admission requirements to the venue. The BBC will not be responsible for the suspension or cancellation of the sports event. The BBC will not provide an alternative or replacement prize.
10. The prize is as stated. There is no cash alternative and it cannot be sold or transferred.
11. The BBC's decision as to the winner is final. No correspondence relating to the competition will be entered into.
12. If the winner is unable to be contacted after reasonable attempts have been made the BBC reserves the right to either offer the prize to a runner up, or to re-offer the prize in any future BBC competition.
13. Entrants must agree to take part in any post-competition publicity if required
14. The BBC reserves the right to (i) vary these terms and conditions (including but not limited to the opening and closing times), (ii) disqualify any entries that breach these rules or are in any way fraudulent, (iii) take any entrant off-air and disqualify them from the competition at any time if they display offensive, abusive or any other kind of unsuitable behaviour, and (iv) cancel this competition at any stage, if deemed necessary in its opinion, or if circumstances arise outside its control.
15. The BBC, its sub-contractors, subsidiaries and/or agencies cannot accept any responsibility whatsoever for any technical failure or malfunction or any other problem with any telephone network or line, system, server, provider or otherwise which may result in any entry being lost or not properly registered or recorded.
16. This competition is administered by the BBC and is subject to the law of England and Wales.
17. To the extent application, this competition accords with the BBC's Code of Conduct for Competitions and Voting, details of which can be found at:BBC Competitions Policy.