Birmingham & Black Country

Woman rescued after TV catches fire in Stechford

An elderly woman has been taken to hospital after her TV apparently caught fire in Birmingham.

Ambulance crews and firefighters were called to an address off Yardley Fields Road, in Stechford, shortly after 19:10 BST on Saturday.

The woman was brought out of the property and treated at the scene for superficial facial burns and the effects of smoke inhalation.

She was taken to Queen Elizabeth Hospital in Birmingham by ambulance.

Related Internet links

The BBC is not responsible for the content of external Internet sites