Birmingham & Black Country

Man and woman rescued from Stourbridge flat fire

Two people have been rescued from a flat fire in the West Midlands.

A chip pan caught fire in the ground floor of a block of flats in Hill Street in Lye, Stourbridge, at about 02:30 BST on Friday.

Fire crews used breathing apparatus to get into the property and rescue a man from the first floor and a woman who was on the ground floor.

They were treated for severe breathing problems but refused to go to hospital. No-one else was hurt in the incident.

Related Internet links

The BBC is not responsible for the content of external Internet sites