Winson Green riot deaths accused deny murder charges
Seven men and a 17-year-old youth have pleaded not guilty to murdering three men during the summer riots in Birmingham last year.
Haroon Jahan, 21, and brothers Shahzad Ali, 30, and Abdul Musavir, 31, were hit by a car in the Winson Green area, on 10 August.
All three men died as they tried to protect shops and homes from looters.
The eight defendants appeared before Birmingham Crown Court, where they are due to go on trial next month.
- Adam King, 24, of Redhill Road, Kings Norton;
- Joshua Donald, 26, of Kelsall Croft, Ladywood;
- Ian Beckford, 30, of Holly Bush Grove, Quinton;
- Ryan Goodwin, 22, of Cranford Street, Smethwick;
- Shaun Flynn, 25, of Wandsworth Road, Kingstanding;
- Everton Graham, 29, of Mount Pleasant Avenue, Handsworth;
- Juan Pablo Ruiz-Gaviria, 31, of Coplow Street, Ladywood.
The 17-year-old cannot be named for legal reasons.
Liam Young, 28, of Bryant Road, Winson Green, has been charged with perverting the course of justice.