Birmingham & Black Country

Frankley couple 'killed by Class A drug overdose'

The house in Miranda Close
Image caption Police have said they were not looking for anyone else in connection with the deaths

A couple found dead in a bedroom in south Birmingham died of an accidental drug overdose, police believe.

The bodies of John Worton, 37 and Suzanne Van Hagen, 34, were discovered by her nine-year-old daughter in Miranda Close, Frankley, on 8 February.

Toxicology reports revealed they both died of what was believed to be an accidental overdose of a Class A amphetamine, West Midlands Police said.

Initial post-mortem examinations were inconclusive.

The force said officers were continuing to support the couple's next of kin and the case would now be passed to the coroner.

Police have said they were not looking for anyone else in connection with the deaths.

More on this story

Related Internet links

The BBC is not responsible for the content of external Internet sites