Cambridgeshire

Kitchen fire prompted rescue of six in Peterborough

A fire which trapped six people inside a flat above a derelict pub had begun in an electrical appliance in a kitchen, the fire service has said.

The fire started in the old Windmill pub in Lincoln Road, Peterborough, shortly after midnight on Sunday.

Crews used a ladder to rescue a woman and a baby. Four other people had been helped out of the flat by the time firefighters arrived.

Three people were taken to hospital and the others treated by paramedics.

Crews returned to their stations by 0225 BST.

More on this story

Related Internet links

The BBC is not responsible for the content of external Internet sites