Shop fire closes roads in busy resort of St Ives
A fire closed roads in one of Cornwall's busiest holiday resorts on Thursday night.
Emergency services were called to the fire at a shop in Fore Street, St Ives, at about 2200 BST.
Crews from St Ives and Penzance used breathing apparatus to tackle the blaze in the basement of the five-storey building.
No-one was hurt in the fire which is thought was caused by a faulty electrical appliance.
Police were called in to keep holidaymakers and residents away from the scene. The roads were reopened after midnight.