Cornwall

Woman rescued from burning garage in Truro

A woman has been rescued from a garage which was on fire in Cornwall.

Three fire crews were called to the 10m by 15m (32ft by 50ft) structure in Penhallow, Truro, on Monday afternoon. The woman was found unconscious inside.

Paramedics took the woman to hospital, the fire service said. Her condition is not known.

The fire is believed to have been started accidentally by an electrical fault.

Engineers from Western Power Distribution had to disconnect the electricity supply during the incident, the fire service said.

Related Internet links

The BBC is not responsible for the content of external Internet sites