Cornwall

Torpoint electrical shop damaged in fire

Emergency crews from Devon and Cornwall have been called to a fire in a shop in Torpoint, Cornwall.

Four appliances - two from Torpoint, one from Saltash and one from Devon - were called to the building in Fore Street at about 2330 BST on Thursday.

The ground and first floors of the three-storey building which housed the electric appliance store were damaged.

Surrounding buildings were also checked to see if the fire had spread, the fire service said.

There were no reports of any other damage.

Related Internet links

The BBC is not responsible for the content of external Internet sites