Cornwall

Heater warning after bedroom fire in Cornwall

Householders in Cornwall are being warned not to leave heaters on overnight after one set fire to a bed.

Two fire appliances from Launceston were called to the fire in a first-floor bedroom in a house in Altarnun, near Launceston, on Wednesday.

The fire service said it believed the fire started when an electric fan heater left on ignited the bed clothes.

The service said it recommended switching off and unplugging all appliances before going to bed.

It added that the only exceptions were appliances which were designed to be left on, such as freezers.

Related Internet links

The BBC is not responsible for the content of external Internet sites