Devon

Electrical fire closes school in Babbacombe

A south Devon primary school has been closed after a fire broke out in a electrical fuse box.

Fire crews were called to All Saints School in Babbacombe, Torquay, at about 1215 GMT on Wednesday. They found the building heavily smoke-logged.

An electrician was also called to make the school's electrics safe.

The school's head teacher said pupils would not be be able to return until at least Tuesday 29 March until the damage was repaired.

About 190 children attend the school.

Related Internet links

The BBC is not responsible for the content of external Internet sites