Cornwall

Cornwall campsite owners in carbon monoxide plea

Caravan and campsite owners in Cornwall are being urged to sign up to the carbon monoxide awareness register.

Cornwall Fire and Rescue Service (CFRS) said it wanted site owners to make their clients aware of the dangers of carbon monoxide poisoning.

Those who sign the CO Aware register will receive information packs.

CFRS said the initiative was in response to incidents including the hospitalisation of people after a smouldering BBQ was taken into a tent.

'Save your life'

Those who sign the register will receive portable detectors for their guests to use as well as posters and leaflets.

Lynn Griffiths, from Carbon Monoxide Awareness, which is working with CFRS said: "I would also urge everyone to take a portable carbon monoxide alarm with them on holiday.

"It's a small price to pay for security and peace of mind and it could save your life or the lives of your loved ones."

More on this story

Related Internet links

The BBC is not responsible for the content of external Internet sites