Cornwall

Stray firework goes in Camborne house bedroom

Firefighters were called out to a house fire after a firework flew through a bedroom window.

The householders in Camborne, Cornwall, were holding a firework display in their garden when one of the rockets shot in through an open window.

No-one was injured and the firework caused minor damage.

Crew manager Mark Pratten advised people having a private fireworks party to contact the fire service beforehand and hold it "in a responsible manner".

Related Internet links

The BBC is not responsible for the content of external Internet sites