St Ives woman dies of suspected carbon monoxide poisoning

The property in St Ives Emergency services are carrying out an investigation at the property

A woman has died in a suspected carbon monoxide poisoning in west Cornwall, the county's fire service has said.

Three dogs also died at the property in Bedford Road in St Ives. Firefighters were called at 08:45 GMT.

Police, Cornwall Fire and Rescue Service and the Health and Safety Executive are now carrying out an investigation at the property.

Inhaling carbon monoxide reduces the blood's ability to carry oxygen and can be fatal.

The colourless, odourless gas is produced by the incomplete burning of carbon-based fuels including gas, oil, wood and coal.

More on This Story

Related Stories

The BBC is not responsible for the content of external Internet sites

BBC Cornwall

Weather

Truro

18 °C 14 °C

Features & Analysis

Elsewhere on the BBC

  • BlueNew blue

    Meet the artist, showman and inventor who created a colour that had never existed before

Programmes

  • Art installationClick Watch

    How one artist is using computer code to turn internet radio into a unique piece of music

BBC © 2014 The BBC is not responsible for the content of external sites. Read more.

This page is best viewed in an up-to-date web browser with style sheets (CSS) enabled. While you will be able to view the content of this page in your current browser, you will not be able to get the full visual experience. Please consider upgrading your browser software or enabling style sheets (CSS) if you are able to do so.