Homes evacuated after Stratford crash causes gas leak
Residents are returning to their homes after being evacuated when a van crash caused a gas leak.
The incident happened in Evesham Road, Stratford-upon-Avon, at about 2300 GMT on Friday.
A 50 metre (164ft) exclusion zone was put around the site and homes evacuated because gas was leaking from the ruptured main, police said.
A 37-year-old man later went to a police station and was arrested for driving offences.
Many of the residents spent the night at Stratford-upon-Avon High School.
And residents outside the cordon area were initially warned to keep their doors and windows shut.