Coventry & Warwickshire

Fire at Coventry house leaves man seriously ill

A man is in a serious condition after being rescued from a severe house fire in Coventry.

The fire started in the downstairs sitting room of a terraced house in Somerset Road at about 0850 BST.

Emergency crews rescued a man who was suffering from the effects of breathing in smoke.

He was taken to the University Hospital of Coventry and Warwickshire. The fire was put out by 0935 BST and it is not yet known how it started.

Related Internet links

The BBC is not responsible for the content of external Internet sites