Man rescued from Coventry house explosion and fire
A man has been rescued following an explosion and fire at a Coventry house.
Fire crews were called to the two-storey, mid-terrace property in Freeman Street at about 23:00 BST on Sunday.
A West Midlands Fire Service spokesman said crews dealt with a "severe fire in the stairs and hall". It is being treated as suspected arson.
The man, who was rescued from the first floor, was taken to hospital as a precautionary measure for the effects of breathing in smoke.