Church in Derby seriously damaged by fire
A church in Derby may have to be demolished after a fire broke out and caused serious damage.
Crews were called to the International Miracle Revival Fellowship Church of Holiness on Crewe Road at about 1230 BST on Tuesday.
The single-storey building was well alight and has been badly damaged, a Derbyshire Fire and Rescue spokesman said.
The fire is believed to have started accidentally during some welding work.
Trevor Sherwin, from Derbyshire Fire and Rescue, said: "The church has been very badly damaged and will more than likely need to be demolished."
Church pastor George Arscott said: "I'm shocked. I only left here about 10 minutes ago and everything was all right. The gentleman was working at the back and I didn't want to disturb him. I was on my way home to my address and I got the news."
It is thought a builder started the blaze on Crewe Street accidentally while he was using a blow torch.