Derby

Electrical explosion near Derby council offices

One person has been taken to hospital after an electrical explosion outside council offices in Derby.

The victim suffered minor burns outside Saxon House on Friary Street shortly before 1100 BST.

The council building and about 1,000 other properties were affected but power has been restored to most areas.

The front entrance to the offices were sealed and staff had to use other access routes. The Health and Safety Executive is investigating.

Witnesses reported hearing a loud bang similar to a road accident.

Related Internet links

The BBC is not responsible for the content of external Internet sites