Devon

Woman and girl in hospital after Plymouth cooker fire

Two people have been taken to hospital after a fire at a house in Plymouth.

The fire broke out in a cooker at the house in Yeo Close, Efford, just after midnight, the fire service said.

Three fire crews, from Greenbank and Crownhill, were called to the property and kept the blaze confined to the kitchen.

A woman and a girl both suffered from the effects of breathing in smoke. The building was made safe after the fire was put out.

Related Internet links

The BBC is not responsible for the content of external Internet sites