Devon

Fire breaks out in Plymouth flat's kitchen

Firefighters in Plymouth have extinguished a fire which broke out in a kitchen flat.

Crews were called to the converted house in North Road West at about 01:00 BST. Callers to 999 reported that people were inside the building.

Two appliances and an aerial ladder platform were sent to the scene.

All the occupants were accounted for and a man was taken to hospital suffering from smoke inhalation, the fire service said.

The ground floor was severely damaged by heat and smoke and the first floor was slightly damaged by smoke.

The cause was believed to be accidental, the fire service said.

Related Internet links

The BBC is not responsible for the content of external Internet sites