Devon

Two men rescued from Exeter flat fire

Two men have been rescued by firefighters from a five-storey block of flats in Devon after a fire broke out.

The incident happened at about 02:45 GMT in a second floor flat on Grendon Road, Heavitree, Exeter.

Fire crews forced their way into the flat and rescued the men, Devon and Somerset Fire and Rescue Service said.

Both men suffered smoke inhalation. Crews said they believed the fire was caused by a kitchen appliance.

Related Internet links

The BBC is not responsible for the content of external Internet sites