Devon

Exeter man Thomas Durkin charged over baby death

A 24-year-old man has been charged with the manslaughter of a nine-month-old boy in Devon.

Thomas Durkin, of Exeter, will appear at Plymouth Magistrates' Court on 7 June, Devon and Cornwall Police said.

The unnamed baby, from Hemyock, near Honiton, died on 14 June 2011 after being admitted to the Royal Devon and Exeter Hospital earlier that day.

A police spokesman said Mr Durkin was charged on Wednesday "following a protracted investigation" and bailed.

More on this story

Related Internet links

The BBC is not responsible for the content of external Internet sites