Devon

Plymouth car workshop fire: Gas and asbestos fear

Workshop fire
Image caption The fire broke out overnight and led to fears over gas bottles in the workshop and possible asbestos in the building

A fire has ripped through a car repair workshop in Plymouth.

People living near the garage in North Hill in Mutley were told to stay indoors and keep windows closed because of the danger of gas bottles exploding.

Forty firefighters attended and crews will remain on the scene to keep an watch on the situation as there may be asbestos in the building.

On Thursday morning traffic heading into the city centre was being diverted away from the area.

Related Internet links

The BBC is not responsible for the content of external Internet sites