Devon

Kitchen fire causes flats evacuation in Plymouth

Seventeen people have been evacuated from a block of flats in Plymouth after a fire broke out in a kitchen.

Two fire crews were called to the six-storey building in Constantine Street at about 20:00 GMT on Saturday and dealt with the blaze in a second floor flat.

One person was rescued by the firefighters and given first aid by an ambulance crew at the scene.

The cause was believed to be accidental, the fire service said.

Related Internet links

The BBC is not responsible for the content of external Internet sites