Fires rip through listed house and thatched roof in Devon
Two fires have caused major damage to a listed house and the thatched roof of another building.
Trapped dogs were rescued from Bishops Tower at Offwell, near Honiton in Devon.
The blaze struck the building, that dates from the 1840s, at about 13:30 GMT.
Meanwhile a large section of thatched roof was destroyed at a house in Yealmpton, near Plymouth. No injuries were reported.
It is believed the fire started in a chimney and spread to the roof.
Paul Banham, who runs the local post office said, there had been "a great mass of smoke drifting across the valley".