Dorset

Teenager flees fire in Dorset house

A 14-year-old boy was forced to flee from a Dorset house after fire broke out in an upstairs bedroom.

Two fire crews and an ambulance were called to the property in Ponsonby Road, Upper Parkstone, at 0203 BST.

Paramedics assisted the teenager, who was suffering from the effects of smoke inhalation, before taking him to a local hospital.

Dorset Fire and Rescue Service said the fire was believed to have started when a candle ignited some curtains.

Firefighters fitted the house with two smoke alarms once they had extinguished the fire, which caused severe damage to the bedroom.

Related Internet links

The BBC is not responsible for the content of external Internet sites