Dorset

Man treated after Dorset chip pan fire

A man had to be treated by paramedics after an unattended chip pan caught fire at a house in Dorset.

The fire started in the ground floor kitchen of the property in Pound Hill, Wimborne, on Tuesday night.

The man managed to escape to safety and was treated at the scene before firefighters extinguished the flames. The house suffered smoke damage.

Dorset Fire and Rescue Service warned people never to leave food cooking unattended, especially late at night.

Related Internet links

The BBC is not responsible for the content of external Internet sites