Dorset

Neighbour praised in Dorset flats fire rescue

A neighbour has been praised for raising the alarm when he spotted a fire in a flat.

Crews were called on Tuesday night when flames were seen coming from a block of flats in Norwich Avenue, Bournemouth.

The male occupant, who had left food cooking in his kitchen, was led to safety and given oxygen.

A fire spokeswoman said the incident could have been far worse without the actions of the neighbour. The flat did not have a working smoke alarm.

Related Internet links

The BBC is not responsible for the content of external Internet sites