Dorset

Man recovers following flat fire in Bournemouth

A quick-thinking neighbour alerted emergency crews to a flat fire in Dorset during the early hours which saw one man rescued.

The neighbour heard a fire alarm going off just before 0200 GMT on Vale Road, Bournemouth.

The man was rescued before firefighters arrived and had to be treated after breathing in smoke.

Dorset Fire and Rescue Service said the cause of the fire was an unattended chip pan.

Related Internet links

The BBC is not responsible for the content of external Internet sites